Our core platform services team is seeking a Full Stack DevOps Developer who will help define how all the Stronach Group companies develop technology in our nextgen platform. The roles of the members of this team are varied and the most important qualification is strong problem solving skills. Our new platform uses an industry standard microservice architecture to offer our services to integration partners. Our team will help to define which tools and frameworks the entire organization uses to develop technology. Sometimes you will act in a DevOps role, creating the systems that build and deploy our software. Sometimes you’ll be writing microservices utilizing gRPC/protobuf/RESTful JSON to expose our companies’ systems to the world. Sometimes you might be building an administrative front end in ReactJS.
Background of Businesses – Digital B2C Industry: Leading technology and services provider to the North American pari-mutuel wagering market, possessing the broadest worldwide hosts integration for commingled pari-mutuel and fixed odds wagering systems. The company has aggressively evolved from its longstanding position as the preeminent Totalisator company to a full racing and gaming technology, software house, product innovation and professional services firm. In doing so, the company remains dedicated to facilitating the growth and success of the global racing industry for decades to come, through improving technology and developing increasingly innovative products geared toward the modern marketplace. Provides legal and secure online wagering services to horseplayers in the United States and globally. The company is the horse racing industry’s most comprehensive and user-friendly wagering website/platform allowing customers to wager from a computer, phone or mobile device.
● Strong problem solving skills especially in using open source frameworks to design solutions in a production setting
● Build gRPC/RESTful APIs that will be leveraged by internal and external resources
● Build microservice applications within a Docker/Kubernetes environment
● Practice test-driven development and write industry-standard unit tests in Jest
● Help define the frameworks used for building, testing, and deploying our software
● Work with cross-functional teams to assist with integration
● Assist with application deployments in our Cloud environments (AWS and Google Cloud).
● Partner closely with design and product to craft great product experiences
● Take full ownership of a feature from conception to launch
● Participate in peer code reviews and Agile development activities
● Work closely with QA to ensure quality of the product
● Be a champion for agile development, continue deployment and integration, elegant design, Teamwork
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
● MS/MES in Computer Science or BSC or equivalent with 3+ yrs of experience.
● 3+ years experience working in Back-End engineering and knowledge of working in a Node.JS/TypeScript or .NET Core environment.
● Experience writing Unit Tests utilizing a framework (Mocha/Chai, Expect, Jest, etc) and practicing Test Driven Development. Familiarity with Jest preferred.
● Experience working with NoSQL Databases and Real-time Document Stores preferred. Ideally Firebase.
● Experience in working with and maintaining cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud preferred).
● Working understanding of Git.
● Proven understanding of object-oriented and functional design patterns
● Proven understanding of microservice architecture.
● Experience in client architecture and performance optimization tools in the mobile space.
● Good debugging and problem solving both individually and in a team.
● Excellent communication, and interaction skills; collaborating in a team environment.
● Experience working with monorepos, NodeJS, ReactJS, lerna, yarn workspaces, OAS(Swagger/OpenAPI), Docker, Istio, Kubernetes, gRPC/Protobuf, CircleCI,
Golang, Prometheus, Grafana, .NET Core, .NET Entity Framework, and Terraform preferred
Travel not required.
Base Work Location – Position to be based in Hunt Valley, MD
Looking forward to hearing more about this position and sharing your related experience? Interested candidates may submit a resume to: email@example.com