The Full Stack Developer is responsible for mostly front-end and some back end development using a combination of the latest tools and technologies to build everything the user sees and interacts with on a website and mobile application. They have an understanding on how to work with and build mobile and microservice applications. This position demonstrates and accomplishes duties through a respectful, constructive, energetic and motivating style guided by company objectives. The position will support us in growing our product quickly into world-wide markets.
Background of Businesses – Digital B2C Industry: Leading technology and services provider to the North American pari-mutuel wagering market, possessing the broadest worldwide hosts integration for commingled pari-mutuel and fixed odds wagering systems. The company has aggressively evolved from its longstanding position as the preeminent Totalisator company to a full racing and gaming technology, software house, product innovation and professional services firm. In doing so, the company remains dedicated to facilitating the growth and success of the global racing industry for decades to come, through improving technology and developing increasingly innovative products geared toward the modern marketplace. Provides legal and secure online wagering services to horseplayers in the United States and globally. The company is the horse racing industry’s most comprehensive and user-friendly wagering website/platform allowing customers to wager from a computer, phone or mobile device.
The position’s competencies include but are not limited to the following: Business Intelligence; Communication Proficiency; Decision Making; Financial Management; Leadership; Organizational Skills; Personal Effectiveness & Credibility; Problem Solving & Analysis; Project Management; Results Driven; Strategic Thinking; Technology Skills; Time Management and Teamwork Orientation.
● Build a ReactJS mobile application using Redux for state management and Firebase for data persistence
● Incremental changes to TypeScript microservices to support front end development
● Practice test-driven development and write industry-standard unit tests.
● Work with cross-functional teams for API integrations.
● Be a champion for code quality
● Take full ownership of a feature from conception to launch.
● Participate in peer code reviews and Agile development activities.
● Be a champion for agile development, code quality, continuous deployment and integration, and elegant design.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
● Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
● Minimum of 2+ years’ of experience.
● 1+ years’ experience implementing using ReactJS in TypeScript
● Experience writing Unit Tests and practicing Test Driven Development. Familiarity with Jest is preferred.
● Working experience with Git.
● Proven understanding of object-oriented and functional design patterns
● Experience in client architecture and performance optimization tools in the mobile space.
● Good debugging and problem solving both individually and in a team.
● Excellent communication, and interaction skills; collaborating in a team environment.
• Ability to work both collaboratively as part of a team and independently to dive deep and solve tough problems.
• Self-motivated, quick/continuous learner with a passion for innovation.
• Preferred Experience and/or Education: Previous experience working with Node, ReactJS in TypeScript, writing Unit Tests, and Git. Wagering/gaming industry experience; Knowledge of horse racing, pari-mutuel wagering, gaming, sports wagering and/or social marketplace industries; Working in a scaled agile environment is a plus.
• Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, benefits and consideration for relevance of relocation assistance
• Travel not required.
• Base Work Location – Position to be based in Hunt Valley, MD, Pittsburgh PA, or Gulfstream Park, FL
Looking forward to hearing more about this position and sharing your related experience? Interested candidates may submit a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org